Thursday, September 12, 2013

Old Guys Weekend Getaway


A few times a year, Lance travels to Texas to go on hunting trips.  Prior to our marriage, Lance use to attend twice a year, but, since we have been married, twice a year is not realistic anymore.  We have our own family vacation; we have our kids visiting; we have the boat so he just does not have a limitless amount of vacation time to always take the two trips. However, it is very important so I do everything I can to make certain he gets out in September do the annual September hunt. He loves reconnecting with friends and his vacation wife.  They talk, laugh, drink beer, and somehow fit hunting in the itinerary (birds). 
 

I am not a vegetarian and I eat pork so it is hypocritical that I feel this way, but I do.  This picture makes me sad.

Lance is having an affair.  This is discriminating evidence.  Poor Bella (our baby girl at home) would be so upset if she saw this.

The guys

Dressing up the little pig

Preparing the grill


What a cutie!!



Readers of the Blog--may I introduce Lance's boyfriend (aka vacation wife): Keith Kosan.

Lance calling me

I don’t pretend to know what he does or what they talk about….this is Lance’s personal time to do whatever he pleases. I just want him to have fun. He works so hard, and he deserves guy time.

Strangely though, I was sent photos of the hunting trip, but honestly, I didn't see any dead birds in any photos.  Yeah, I saw the guns, but where are the birds? Either they didn't do any hunting or they suck ass?

I think Lance intentionally tries to push me away before he goes on a trip.  It is his way of making the separation easier.  Let’s just say that when I dropped him off at the airport, I was actually happy he was leaving.  We didn’t hug each other bye or give each other a farewell kiss.  As soon as his ass got out of the car, I just drove off.  However, after I got over my initial irritation, I began to miss my husband dearly.

 
Talking on the phone with me
 
Marriages change over time.  What I can say about ours is that…..the love is much deeper. The friendship is greater.  The affection is more.  The connection is stronger but the passion is a little less.  However, did I miss him during this five-day separation? Yes, I did. I could not wait to be back in his arms.
 

Lance will get to see all his Texas friends again in three weeks when we attend his high school reunion.  I’m looking forward to getting to know them better.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pig all dressed up! haha And Dad's "girlfriend" could use a little makeover. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete