Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A Very, Very BUSY Life

I have been told repeatedly by Lance that I overbook our schedule, and I have to admit there is some truth in that.  For the month of March and April, there is an extracurricular activity to do every weeknight.  Oftentimes, there are multiple activities on the same night.  My Saturdays are customarily consumed with three events.  I literally spend almost the entire Saturday at Miles Square Park Sports Complex.  Additionally, I have my own personal needs/goals. I’m so grateful to Outlook calendar, because I simply don’t know how I would effectively manage this chaos.
 
Last night, we had a double header.  Mia's team this season is the Lil Heartbreakers and Brandon is on the Pirates.  Mia had a softball game at 530 p.m. and Brandon’s game began at 6:45 p.m.  Brandon’s game did not end until 9 p.m. I basically left the house at 7 a.m. to go to work and did not get back home until almost 9:30 p.m. Yes, we rush home, and I simply do not have time to give the kids’ baths.  It is just change into pajamas, brush teeth, and get into bed.  It is exhausting at times.  I don’t know how other working parents manage. In my mind, I reason with myself saying it is just for two months, but I know when this season ends, another season with new activities will begin.  I have all three kids involved in something at the same time, and sometimes, one of my kids are involved in two things simultaneously.  There is an overlap.  Do not get me wrong.  I am just stating the facts.  I am not complaining, because I want my kids to do all that they can.  It is important, and I receive pleasure in watching them explore new things, improve their skills, and overcome challenges and fears.
 















I’m actually proud of how I’m able to juggle ALL of this.  I believe the key is organization and exercise.  People use the excuse that they don’t have time to exercise, but if you don’t exercise, you don’t have the energy to do anything else.  I am like the energizer bunny. I have an overabundant amount of energy.  I cannot sit still.  I want to go, go, go, and I’m able to spread myself out and keep going.  I am not perfect, but I feel I do a damn good job working a full time job and being a full time mother.  I'm able to work full time, volunteer at their school, attend/support their involvement in multiple activities, ensure their academic success, maintain their physical and mental well being, and take care of all the necessary household duties.  Yes, I'm going to say it.....I AM SUPERWOMAN!

1 comment:

  1. You are totally superwoman! :) Look at all those action shots too! You're getting good with that camera. I'm a little nervous about the day I'll have my little ones in activities.

    ReplyDelete