Thursday, March 27, 2014

Way to Go, Mia!!

I am so proud of my daughter.  In fact, she moves me to tears.  I sat her down yesterday and looked straight into her face and said, “Mia, you make mommy want to cry.  I am crying now because I am so so so so proud of you.  You studied hard, practiced reading every night, and your teacher said that you are doing so good that you will go to 2nd grade.” She smiled as I hugged her tightly.

The year has been a challenge.  Mia entered 1st grade reading at Level B. She was very far behind.  Since my October parent-teacher conference, I have worked so diligently with her.  She is now at Level G (almost H).  The benchmark at this point is Level H so my little Mia is at the very tip of reading at her grade level.  To be at a reading Level H, you have to read a story with 4 or less mistakes and an 80 percent comprehension score.  Mia read the Level H book with 5 mistakes and a 70 percent comprehension.  She is practically there.  She has also met all of her benchmarks.  I am so proud.
 
Sometimes I think I may be a little nutty when it comes to academics, but then I think, it is this nuttiness that is the catalyst for these results. 
 
Congratulations to my little Mia. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment