Thursday, November 14, 2013

Turning 42 Can't Get Any Better!

Birthday cake from work - red velvet with cream cheese
 
 
I am not really demanding when it comes to my birthday.  I don't expect much. I don't really want anything. I'm rather easy to please.  I just want time with my beautiful children and romance with my darling husband, and I got that and so much more for my birthday.

Turning 42 isn't a big deal for me.  I feel very happy with where my life is now, and I have no complaints. 

So here is the interesting thing that most people do not know....My birth date is November 7, 1971, but technically, I don't legally become 42 until November 17.  To make a long story short, I was born in war torn country, Vietnam, and for whatever reason, my birth was late getting registered so my birth certificate says the 17th, but my real birthday is the 7th.  I use to celebrate the 17th until I became a teenager, and I started to celebrate the 7th.

My birthday celebration lasted for days...unintentionally, of course.  On Thursday, I was spoiled by my coworkers who gave me a cake, decorated my cubicle, and showered me with very generous gifts.  Lance then took me, the kids, and my sister and her entire family out to eat Vietnamese that night.  It was a painful experience for him, but I was so happy.

my cubicle at work decorated for my birthday


On Saturday, Lance took me out to the Rusty Pelican in Newport Beach for a very romantic dinner. I had a virgin pina colada.  Yum!  It was the evening, so we didn't get to enjoy the waterfront view as much.  The meal was incredibly delicious.  Afterwards, Lance and I returned home to watch a video.  It may not be too exciting, but honestly, that is my idea of an ideal date.  It was romantic.  The following day, he took me out to breakfast at this very popular pancake house.  The average wait for a table is 45 mins. 

my bread pudding with vanilla sauce dessert

virgin pina colada

outside the Rusty Pelican - don't you love how Lance dressed up?






The birthday celebration continued into Monday as Lance invited Joe and Karmen over along with Yvette's family, and we had Baskin Robbins ice cream.  I also got to open my presents from Lance. What can you get a girl like me?  Almost anything related to fitness makes me happy as can be.  I got two running shoes in preparation for my training for the LA Marathon.

Baskin Robbins Cake


Pretty flowers for Joe and Karmen
 
What did I want most though? (which is probably difficult for Lance to do because writing does not come easy to him.)  I wanted a love letter.  It is sometimes difficult to remember that not everybody can write so freely or openly and that it often requires effort, but I love his letters.  I keep them all close to my heart.

I am very blessed, and I get on my knees in a prayer of gratitude to God for all this that I have.  I will never take it for granted. 

The birthday was wonderful, but my life is even better!

A very small excerpt from my letter.....


"My Dearest Liz,
Happy Birthday! I'm so in love with you and it grows each day. I truly meant what I said to you about being my greatest support, friend and love. You being by my side makes all the difference to me....it is all because of you and the trust I feel in our marriage and life together. All things happen with a purpose and I was meant to be with you and you with me."
Lance Wade

No comments:

Post a Comment