Sunday, April 28, 2013

Quick Update on the Kids

I am so in love with Dylan, Brandon, and Mia.  I guess that is expected; I'm also incredibly proud of who they are...each one has their individual strengths and unique character.

Dylan will be in 9th grade next year, and my little boy is no longer so little. In his place is a teenager blossoming into a young adult.  He started shaving.  He is taller than me. He has zits and is worried about the way he looks.  He has a girlfriend.  He kissed her.  He seems reluctant to bring her around Lance and I as he considers us embarrassing.  What??!!!  He spends so much time on his phone.  He spent last week camping in Lake Arrowhead with his 8th grade class.  He is a great young man. He is still obsessed with basketball and knows every trivial basketball fact.  He has influenced the entire family, and we are all watching the playoffs with passionate intensity.  It is our family thing.  Dylan often talks about his glory days in baseball.  He stopped playing at nine years old, but he really was quite good.  We plan on getting him back into baseball next Spring.  Moreover, I'm hoping he will do cross country/track and wrestling in high school.  With his jiu jitsu training and his genetics (I'm a runner.  My dad did cross country, and Leroy did track), he should excel.

Mia is almost finished with kindergarten.  Mia struggled a little earlier this year with school, but she has improved so much.  She started gymnastics, and she has amazing body strength. I have no doubt she can excel in this sport. I enjoy taking her and watching all the gymnast train.  It makes me want to get out there and work with them even though my 41-year old body is severely limited in what it can do.  Mia's gymnastic has motivated me to stretch and do yoga daily. I want to be flexible.  I don't usually stretch so this is a change for me.  I want Mia to start taking dance class particularly the Polynesian dancing, but I don't know how we are going to fit all of this in.  Mia was also recognized last Friday as Gator of the Month at her school.  I'm so glad I was able to watch her receive her award.


Mia getting recognized at school





My beautiful and amazing little Princess


Brandon is playing his second year of baseball.  The games are fun.  I think Fountain Valley has one of the best little leagues. In fact, Fountain Valley High School is known for its great baseball team.  I think there were like five graduates who went to play pro.  He has improved so much.  He never strikes out now and is getting more power with his hits.  He still needs to work on catching though.  We live near one of the most amazing and biggest parks in Orange County, and the baseball fields are just amazing, top of the line fields. We have gone to two Angels games this summer so far and spent a buttload of money buying overpriced snacks/refreshments at the stadium.

I will register Mia to play softball next Spring.  When I was young, softball was my sport.  I played second base.  I got Mia all of the equipment (glove, bat, balls, baseball bag), and do you need to ask? Really? Of course, everything is pink. Pink bat, pink glove, pink balls, and pink bag!


Brandon up to bat.  He is right-handed, but for some reason, he feels more comfortable batting left handed. 
Brandon at the pitcher mound.

Second baseman

Brandon hits the ball

on first base

running to home plate from third base

with this ground ball, Brandon got an out at second base.

My Saturdays are spent shuttling the kids around.  We usually have some activity going on almost every day of the week.  It can be exhausting, but there isn't anything I wouldn't do for Dylan, Brandon, and Mia.  I want them exposed to as much as possible.












1 comment:

  1. Like hearing about those kiddos! Your pictures of Brandon are great!

    ReplyDelete