Friday, September 11, 2015

And So It Begins....The First Day of School

It is official.  This week marked the beginning of school for all the kids.

Dylan started his junior year of high school in late August.  It is hard to believe my son is 16 and in 11th grade.  He is nearing graduation and will soon be college bound.  Dylan is still on the wrestling team.  He has chemistry this year as well as cooking.  He started the school year with good habits, and every night, I see him at the kitchen table doing homework.  I have been repeatedly reiterating how important it is that he stays on top of his academics especially since we have an upcoming trip to India which will result in a five day absence from school.  The one thing I think that has been a big improvement between modern day academics and that of the past is that parents can be very in tune with their child's progress.  The teachers use a website to post assignments and grades.  Like the crazy, obsessed parent I am, I check the website several times during the week.

Dylan has expressed an interest in becoming a teacher, which I think he is very well suited for. 


Dylan dressed for his first day as a junior. 

Brandon is now in his last year of elementary school as a 5th grader.  Next year, he will be in middle school.  He has the same teacher he had as a third grader, which we welcome since she is our favorite teacher.  I have no doubts that Brandon will continue to excel with minimal effort.  I’m trying to encourage him though to run for student council.  He hasn’t been too receptive to that idea.  I'm trying to prepare him so that he has the skills/experience to create an incredible resume in high-school so that he can qualify for as many scholarship opportunities as available. He wants to enter the corporate business world.  I'm still encouraging him to be a doctor. 

Brandon is small and looks more like a 4th grader. 



Mia started third grade, and though I don’t know much about her teacher, any teacher is better than the one she had last year.  It is hard when you cannot stand your child’s teacher.  Perhaps, I may be harsh with my words, but I’m not shy to admit that both Lance and I strongly disliked Mia’s last year teacher.

Mia wants to be a veterinarian.  She has a passion for all animals.    

My beautiful 3rd Grader

Outside her classroom door


The school year has begun, and I am excited for the kids and for all the things they will learn and do.  It is going to be a fun year!

Mia got a new backpack this year.  Jansport with kitties.  She loves animals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment