Thursday, May 7, 2015

Softball Season Ends





 
 
Mia’s second year of softball ended with her team in probably 4th or 5th place.  I’ve seen her grow so much this past year. She is learning the game.   She is able to actually catch the ball now.  (yeah, six months ago, she couldn't catch a thing, but now, she is catching!)  Her batting still needs much improvement, but at least now, she is swinging and not just standing there.  Moreover, she has better judgment and is able to differentiate between obvious balls and strikes.  She knows to back up third and first when she is in the outfield.  She knows when to steal, but more importantly, she knows how to have fun. 
 
 
 
It was her first year in 8U.  She played various position throughout the season but was mostly at 2nd base and left field. Mia will continue to play in the Fall and again in the Spring of next year.  I’m excited for next year when she will be one of the older girls.  We are starting to know the other players and coaches.  Mia is making friends, and she loves the game. 
 
Softball is so different from when I was growing up.  I did slow pitch.  These girls pitch fast.  I couldn't steal.  They can.  They chant cheers loudly.  My boys think its incredibly obnoxious, but its a part of softball, and I love it.
 
I'm proud of my little Mia.
 
Until Fall....
 
PRACTICE PICTURES
 







I brought cupcakes to one practice to celebrate Mia's 8th Birthday.


 
 
GAME PICTURES
 
2ND Baseman

Playing 2nd


Mia didn't swing at this low ball

pre game warm ups

Mia gets a hit!

Sliding into home
 

No comments:

Post a Comment