Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Mother's Day 2015


Mother’s Day this year was almost perfect.

I spent the first part of the weekend with my little Princess. Just me and my little girl.  I picked her up from school early on Friday, and we drove to San Diego. We spent the afternoon shopping and picking up our race bibs.  We ordered take out dinner together and headed back to our hotel room to relax.   I love my daughter so much but that girl can talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk. 

Why didn’t we stay at the boat?  Lance had his friend Keith visiting so I did not want to intrude on their guys weekend.  I wanted to be respectful of his time.  It was hard to be such a short distance from him and ‘not’ see him.

Mia picking up her bib

Dinner at the hotel room

The following morning, Mia and I woke up at 5:30 a.m. to participate in the Girls on the Go 5k race.  This is the perfect race to celebrate women and mothers and daughters.  Mia ran this race, her first 5k ever, one year ago, so this past Saturday marked her one –year running anniversary.  I wanted so much for her to get a personal record (PR), and she was about 45 seconds short of that goal.  Though disappointed, I also know you can’t get a PR in every race.  I’m proud that she is continuing to run.  She has done and accomplished much more than I ever have at her age.

 
Before the race

Pre race photo

Mia gets her girlicious medal.



We returned back to Orange County late Saturday morning so we could attend the closing ceremonies for softball.  I’m going to miss this team.  All of the players are wonderful little girls.  We then went to basketball evaluations, and as expected, Brandon did well.  I’m looking forward to an exciting Summer basketball season because both Mia and Brandon will be playing for Lance.  Mia is so thrilled.  To conclude the day, the kids and I went out for Greek food and the movies. We watched the Avengers.  By the time we got home, Mia completely crashed. 


Closing cermeonies.  What a great group of girls!

Our team page in the memory book.

Mia with her friend Samantha.  They played on the same team last year as well.



These are not from closing ceremony, but i love these shots!
 
Basketball evaluations


Sunday morning, we went to El Torrito for Mothers’ Day Brunch. What a madhouse! I enjoyed the meal, but wow!!!  I could have done without the crowd. The kids were so excited to give me their gifts.  Mia made me a dozen cards, and she collected all of her change to give me. Brandon, my little genius who is so financially savvy, gave me $10 dollars.  Here is a boy who earns $5 a week in allowance yet he has over $400 saved.  He made me a card as well with a precious bookmark with his photo.  Dylan, like Commander, is going to give me a special gift next week. I don’t need material gifts.  I just want to spend time with them.

 
Holding all of my cards.  These mean the world to me.

more precious gifts.


We spent Mother’s Day afternoon at Gisler Elementary.  I love going to Gisler. The dogs join us and run and fetch in complete freedom.  Mia cycled around the school.  The boys played basketball and dodgeball.  Sometimes we play catch or practice batting.  That Sunday, the kids invented an obstacle course in the playground, and we had friendly competitions.  I am so proud of the fact that I’m 43 years old, and I have the energy and stamina to physically play with my kids.   

Since Lance wasn’t able to celebrate with us, we are officially celebrating Mother’s Day as a family next weekend. I’m going to admit that I was very disappointed that Lance wasn’t home on Mother’s Day, but I guess I can ease my disappointment knowing now I get to be spoiled with two celebrations.  We are  going to an Indian restaurant for brunch.  I’m excited to introduce the culture of India to my kids, and I hope they like it, because for two weeks, it will be their diet.

Being a mother is my greatest blessing.  Everything I do in life is with my children in mind.  It was a simple yet wonderful Mother's Day.  Lance's absence made it short from being perfect.

Yes, one of my special requests for Mother's Day was to do some photos with my babies. We set up the tripod, and they were very obliging. 

My babies....all five of them....







 

1 comment:

  1. You're too cute. Happiest of mother's day to you!!! I'm glad the kids treated you well.

    ReplyDelete