Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Cherry Bombs


Spring softball season has begun.  Opening day ceremonies were last weekend.  The girls walk out with their teams to pre-selected funky, upbeat, dance music.  They use props, hand out candy, dance, and make a grand entrance.  Mia has played for 1.5 years now, and I have seen so much improvement.  She actually can catch now.  Her batting has improved, and though she still struggles when the kids' pitch, she is able to hit off the coaches well.  The skills of these young girls continue to impress me.  The pitching is F-A-S-T! 


Pizza on opening ceremonies





Walking onto the field



 
Mia had her first game on Saturday, and their team did amazingly well.  Each time, Mia went to bat, she was able to hit the ball, get on base, and have two RBIs.  She played 2nd base at the first game, and I don’t know if this is going to be a permanent position, but I would so welcome it!.  She played the position for the entire game.  2nd base was my position. It is very sentimental to see my daughter play softball in my old position.

 
I think Mia has great potential. She is young in this division.  She just moved up a division, and there are girls who are a year older, and the difference in their skill shows.  If she continues, she will be even more successful next year when it becomes her turn to be the older girl. I play catch with her, and a year ago, Mia missed 75 percent of the throws, but this year, Mia is catching the balls I throw about 70 percent of the time.  Big improvement!  Most importantly though, I want her to have fun.

It’s going to be an exciting season, and hopefully, Mia gets to play 2nd base!

Look at this AWESOME team banner! I love it.  Of course, becuase it is a photo banner.  One of the mom's on the team is a professional photographer.

Mia holding a prop.  Look at her headband!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment