Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

First, I am on medication so I'm a little drowsy and my writing may reflect my less than alert state. I just wanted to say thanks to five wonderful children and one husband for making my Mother's Day special.  Mother's Day has always been emotionally difficult.  I have celebrated four Mother's Day without my Mother, and each time, I wake up feeling exceptionally sensitive and vulnerable.  I miss her.  I love her, and I know she is watching over me. 


Mother's Day 2013 

Lance was down in San Diego for the morning of Mother's Day so I started my day with a difficult 6.25 mile run.  The day before, I ran 9.3 miles, and I was feeling so strong that I could have easily ran a half marathon.  However, today, my body was tired, and it took mental willpower to run. Why is it on some days you can run fast for an eternity and other days, it is a struggle to do a slow mile?

After my run, I later took the kids to the pool to escape from the heat.  Lance came home mid afternoon, and we all went to eat Chinese food for an early dinner.  I'm Asian, and I will always prefer Asian food to any type of food.  We got a cake from Baskin Robbins, and I opened presents.

Before dinner

Three Best Things That Ever Happened to Me!


Getting kissed!
 





I got some really awesome presents.  Lance gave me OKC Thunder paraphernalia.  I've become an OKC fan fanatic.  I'm passionately watching the playoffs.  Dylan made me a scrapbook.  Mia gave me an oven mitt that she made. She also gave me back my purse that I had given her.  It was a nice to get something that already belonged to me. She also gave me one banana and some mints.  I don't know where she got the banana idea from but it was in my gift bag.  Brandon made me a booklet of 10 Things I Love About My Mom, but what I loved even more were the coupons he had made...Coupons included things like "One Coupon to Stop Being Annoying"...."Coupon to Help Mia with Homework"..."Coupon to Stay Out of Your Room"..."Coupon for a Hug"..."Coupon to NOT make fun of you"...and "Coupon to Take Pictures".









I treated myself to four 16 oz jars of raw, organic coconut water.  This is the BEST tasting coconut water on the market.  It is basically two full coconuts without anything else.  It's $4 dollars a bottle--not exactly a cheap habit, but oh, I love it.  It reminds me of my mom. She was buying fresh coconuts all the time, and I can remember her chopping away at the coconuts at 2 a.m. in the morning.

I love my children SOOOOO much.  They have given me so much.  My life is better.  My life is worthy and it means something because of those babies.

I hope everyone else had a great Mother's Day.  I'm on medication and am starting to drift to la la land....goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment