Monday, May 20, 2013

Let the Games Begin!

It is funny how life does a complete circle even without any intentional guidance from us. My dad loved basketball, and he shared his passion with us as children.  Leroy, my brother, is a phenomenal basketball player.  When my mom purchased our house in Garden Grove, I remember Leroy installed an actual in-ground basketball hoop (not the portable kind) in our large backyard.  We played many games with family and friends on that court. 

Lance was an all star in high school and made the team at BYU (only to be cut later).  I never really encouraged basketball on Dylan, but somehow, he found a way to the sport. The game is now spreading onto Brandon.  We have been faithfully watching the playoffs and after a disappointing defeat of our OKC Thunder, Lance and I are rooting for Memphis Grizzlies to advance, while Dylan is all in favor of the San Antonio Spurs.  I've never been so into a professional sport as I am now into basketball. 

Dylan is graduating from 8th grade next month.  He is also turning 14 years old next month.  So for his birthday and graduation gift, we purchased a top of the line portable basketball hoop.  It took a day for Lance to put the thing together.  Before we purchased it, I was guaranteed that the basketball hoop could fit in our garage. We live in a townhouse complex, and it is against the home owners association regulations to have the hoop permanently fixed outside.  I should have put money on that guarantee because guess what? The basketball hoop does NOT NOT NOT fit in our garage.  It has to be laid down on the ground to be stored and now, we have this massive basketball hoop laying in the middle of our garage with Lance's half built dingy.  The garage that I wasn't suppose to have for only 6 months is probably going to be a garage that I wont have for the rest of Dylan's life at home.

But I'm not going to complain....it is FUN!!  Dylan's friends and our neighbors have come over, and we played a game.  What a workout! Most importantly, it also builds quality family time. So I may not have a garage, but I have a pretty awesome basketball hoop. 

Anyone up for a game?


The height can be adjusted from 7.5 feet to 10 feet.  This is at 9 feet.


Building a strong brotherly bond


Lance and Bella watching Brandon shoot



No comments:

Post a Comment