Saturday, February 23, 2013

My Little Kevin Durant

We are a basketball family.  I am into running now, but as a family, our sport is basketball.  My dad loves the game.  My brother, Leroy, was and still is an amazing basketball player.  He was a star, and  growing up, there was never a kid better than him.  He could play 1 on 5 and still win. He is that good. No exaggeration.  My dad coached my brother and I when we were young for many years.  Yvette, my sister,was also a quite a talented basketball player. She was the free throw hoop winner in Cochise County. When I was a child, during the weekends, my dad often took Leroy, Yvette, and I out to the courts, and we would play competitive two on two games.  Let's just say--I spent alot of time on the basketball courts when I was young.  If I was not playing, I was a cheerleader for my dad's teams.  Dylan is also obsessed with basketball.  It is his life, and he knows everything about the game.  Brandon, Lance, and I are OKC Thunder fans whereas Dylan loves the Celtics.  Additionally, Lance played high-school basketball and was an All American. He played one-year of college ball as well. Some families do baseball; others do tennis or swimming, but our sport is basketball.

So it is not surprising that Brandon is developing a love for the game. He completed a mini mites basketball program offered by the city.  I know Brandon was one of the eldest kids in the program, but he is also the most skilled.  The program ended today and it taught the participants the basic fundamentals of basketball.  Next summer, he joins the "real" league, and watch out! He is that good! He is a little Kevin Durant!
 


Brandon gets his defensive game on!



Hands Up--Playing aggressive defense







Brandon dribbling down the court....


No comments:

Post a Comment