Monday, August 31, 2015

Summer 2015

I enjoy the summers primarily because I get a break from school.  The start of school means the start of homework, and quite frankly, I don’t like homework.  I recognize its importance, but still, I don’t like it, and as a parent, I spend many hours monitoring their academic progress. I’m not looking forward to the return of school, and the long evenings of homework.

We did not have any trips this summer because our vacation will be taken in November.  The summer was filled with camps for Brandon and Mia.  Brandon did the Nike Basketball camp for one week while Mia participated in a week long softball camp.  Dylan spent the summer working at the recreation center and impressively saved most of his income.  Lance and Dylan coached Brandon, Mia, and a team to be the Recreation Center Division C champs.   Lance spent several weekends working on the boat.  We celebrated his 57th birthday quietly with a family dinner at Buca Di Peppo Italian restaurant.  I took the kids swimming a few times to escape the exhausting heat.  We spent two days at Disneyland and California Adventure.  Dylan and I were able to spend a day at a fitness expo. I also got to have a girls' night out, which is something I don't get to do that often.  The kids and I participated in two 5k races (Camp Pendleton and the OC Fair).  Other than that, Lance and I just worked while the kids spent a lot of time at their Dad’s house.


Here are some photo highlights from this summer:

DISNEYLAND DAY 2:

Brandon drives a car

I love the sweetness of this photo. 










Brandon in front of Space Mountain







FITNESS EXPO:





LANCE'S 57TH BIRTHDAY:





GIRLS' NIGHT OUT:







BRANDON'S FRACTURED WRIST:


POOL TIME:



DYLAN'S NEW JOB:



CAMP PENDLETON MUD RUN:





It has been a great summer, and I'm sad to see it end, but I'm also excited for the upcoming months because India is only 2.5 months away. Can you believe that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment