Friday, December 26, 2014

Ho, Ho, Ho--Merry Christmas!


our Christmas Cards
Christmas Morning
 

I love Christmas, but can it be anymore exhausting? I realize that exhaustion is a prevalent theme in my blog, but I can't help it.

There is so much  work that goes into making a 'perfect' Christmas from buying/wrapping presents, decorating, cooking, cleaning, and all the assembling of the presents, but gosh--it is my absolute favorite holiday! I absolutely LOVE, LOVE Christmas!

The kids were with their dad for Christmas Eve and Christmas morning.  They need to spend as much time with their paternal Great Grandma.  It's a huge gift to know your great grandparents.  They came home on Christmas afternoon so we didn't begin the festivities until 2 p.m.  Lance and I went on a date to Bucca Di Peppo for Christmas Eve, and our morning was relatively quiet.  I went for a 6 mile run in the morning (yes, in shorts and a tank top!) and I finished the rest of the wrapping.  This arrangement I have with the childrens' dad ends up working well because it give me the extra time to prepare.  I don't feel so stressed Christmas Eve and morning.

When the kids arrived home, they were eager to immediately begin unraveling all the wrapped gifts.  Brandon got to be Santa and hand out each present.  It took us well over an hour to open everything.  Lance sarcastically teases me by mimicking me, "now, this Christmas is going to be really small because we are saving up for a trip to India. Don't expect too much."  He then adds, "I don't see this Christmas being any different than last Christmas."  I tried to be more economical this year, but I wasn't too successful.  My family celebrates Christmas big time. We go all out. I just love spoiling my family. 

The fun stuff???  Mia got a bunch of 18-inch dolls, accessories and clothes for these dolls, and Barbies.  Brandon received several Lego sets, and Dylan got primarily money.  He intends on buying an I-Pod.  Lance got the rest of his military service medals.  We will make a shadow box to proudly display these medals. He also received a beautiful blanket made by his friend Keith's wife.  It is Navy colors.  Personal homemade gifts are the best.  Our daughter Jessie is so thoughtful.  She asked me what she should get her dad, and all he really cares about our sentimental gifts so I suggested she write him a letter about the kind of father he was to her.  Her letter was thoughtful, sweet, and simply beautiful.  Lance read it, and I know he will be embarrassed with me publicly saying this, but he had tears in his eyes.  It touched him that much.  I got alot of elephant stuff, dressers for my gym clothes, a fondue set, and a camelback for hiking.  Buddy and Bella were also spoiled with gifts.




I'm ready to hike.  We need to get one for the kids too.

Melted cheese with bread and veggies or chocolate....ooooh, I cannot wait!





Brandon made this great ornament for us.  He said it was patriotic.

my super cool sweatshirt.


elephant pajamas!!


Mia made an ornament


a few of the many,many, many medals

It's all about Nike! Shaving kit for my young man



Dylan received almost 300 dollars


Look at all that Lego


These are all clothes for the 18 inch dolls
two Polar Bears

reading his letter from Jessie


She got three dolls for Christmas to add to her collection
 

The biggest gift for us all though were the tickets to India. Yes, we are officially going to India. I purchased the tickets, and I got an amazing deal.  I've contacted Wildlife SOS, and we have reserved our dates.  I recognize that I'm so anal about planning.  Our trip isn't for another 11 months, but it is a complex trip that requires alot of planning.  I don't go to a travel agent.  I do all the planning myself.  To prepare for the trip, the kids also got their own luggage.  I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!  It is going to be an extraordinary experience....somethings that is going to be a life learning experience and will be able to give back to this beautiful world.



about to open their suitcases



 

the aftermath....ugh....

With the help of Costco, I prepared a delicious dinner.  Before we ate, we said a prayer.  It is very easy to forget the true meaning of Christmas with all the gifts etc, but I didn't want to forget because the greatest gift we did receive this year were blessings from God.  People don't realize this about me because I don't attend church and I don't speak openly about it, but I'm a deeply religious person.  Everything I have in life is all because of God, and I will never forget that.  Even on Christmas Eve, Lance and I prayed together.  I am just so grateful.  It makes me cry.

Let's Eat!

 One last note, Lance is finally learning.  I made it easy for him this year, by putting everything I would like into my wish list on Amazon.  He just had to click a button, and he was smart this year by paying the extra fee to have it gift wrapped.  The last three Christmases were sore because he often would shove the shipping boxes under the tree.  My husband is finally getting it.
 
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!
 



1 comment:

  1. Haha. I think the family pictures are my favorites! You guys totally scored big. Look at all those Legos and doll clothes! Oh, my! Glad you all had a wonderful Christmas. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete