Monday, October 20, 2014

Halloween Softball Tournament




 
Mia participated in her second softball tournament this past weekend.  Because I now know what to expect, I actually enjoyed the tournament.  Being in a softball tournament is a full weekend event.  It is not a day event.  It is all weekend long.  You have no time to do anything.  It is all about softball.  She played on Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday.  Mia’s team, Dirt Divas, placed third in the tournament, advancing as far as the semi-finals.  One of her games was so exciting that I actually couldn't even look.  I closed my eyes at times.  They were losing 5 to 1, and in the last inning, they came back and won the game 6 to 5.  Wow!  I was biting my nails during that game.  These are 7 and 8-year old girls who are playing a very serious and competitive game of fast pitched softball. I am so impressed at their drive and skill!

Jacob (Mia’s Dad) and I shared the responsibility of supporting her through this tournament.  At times like this, I’m even more grateful that we have a good relationship.  This would have been overwhelming to do alone. 

Mia loves playing catcher and asked for an entire catcher's set.



She wore pink socks for Breast Cancer Awareness.

I know Mia likes the game, but what I think she loves even more about it is all the fun stuff associated with softball---the cool socks they get to wear, the colorful headbands, the pre-game and after game cheers and chants. 

Well, the fall season ends in one more month and there will be one more tournament left.  Hopefully, they will make it to the championship game!  

Because Mia's passion and interest in softball has not waned, I have been gradually investing more into it by buying her a new softball bag, glove, batting gloves, and batting helmet. Of course, we try to go for pink.  Though she may be sliding in the dirt, running quickly around the bases, hitting/throwing balls all over, and getting sweaty and dirty--she is still a Princess and definitely all girl!

Mia's cute little softball bag that holds two bats, a batting helmet, her glove, batting gloves



No comments:

Post a Comment