Wednesday, September 3, 2014

First Day of School 2014



Kids on the last day of school (June 2014)
 
The first day of school is met with excitement and dread.  The kids are excited to return to school activities and see friends.  I’m lucky that my kids love school.  I, however, am much less inclined to be excited because I know the next 9 ½ months are going to be consumed with endless homework and projects.  As a parent who cares very much about my child’s academic success, I devote a lot of time/energy to giving them the support they need.  It becomes even more of a commitment when you have a child that struggles in school.  Mia needs extra support.  I have to spend every evening working with her on reading and other activities, and quite honestly, after a nine-hour work day, I sometimes just want to go home and do nothing, absolutely nothing, but I can’t.  It is my responsibility to help my kids excel. 

Mia has the cutest backpack and her lunch bag matches.  Brandon has a waterproof Nike bag.  Yep, we are a Nike obsessed family.
 

Brandon is in 4th grade and has Mr. Adams, the teacher that Dylan had in 4th grade….the teacher that Dylan HATED…the teacher that Dylan warned Brandon about.  Brandon was concerned, but I told him that he and Dylan are two very different students.  Brandon was especially pleased that he has Maddox, his cousin, in his class.  Mia is in the 2nd grade.  I worry about her.  I want her to do well.  Over the summer, we worked on counting money, telling time, spelling, and sight words.  We could have done more, but I’m thankful that we at least did some studying.  Dylan is a sophomore in high school.  He has a difficult class schedule.  We have imposed a strict schedule that allows for 90 minutes of study time every evening.  Dylan is not doing cross country this year.  He is going to try out for the wrestling team.  He has had four years of jiu jitsu training and has completed in jiu jitsu tournaments so I think he has a good chance.

 
Photos from the first day of school minus Dylan.  I forgot to take Dylan’s photos.  =(
 
Gosh, she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL.




Mia and Brandon with their cousins Maddox and Sienna

 
So the school year has officially began....We have to start off organized and ready to tackle it! Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment