Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Touring Majestic America: Part IV - Las Vegas, Nevada and Southern California


I visit Nevada at least once a year, but I seldom go to the strip.  I am not a gambler.  I don’t drink.  I don’t like crowds.  The lure of the lights and play of “sin city” have never been a draw for me.  There are only two things I like about Vegas: the buffet and the shows.  Our grand finale of our vacation was the David Copperfield show and a scrumptious seafood buffet at the MGM grand. 

I have an orgasmic reaction when I get to go to buffet especially when it is a good buffet.  I love the endless array of options.  I eat my money’s worth to the point of making myself sick.  We had crab legs, salmon, clams, prime rib.  My mouth is salivating just thinking about it.  Brandon loves shellfish as much as I do, and we had plates with king crab legs piled so high! I was in heaven.

Following our gluttony at the buffet, we saw the legendary David Copperfield.  My kids never even heard of him, which only makes me feel old.  When the show ended, we theorized how he did all those amazing things.  Our seats were the BEST!  We were in the second row.  Unfortunately, David often pulled volunteers from the back row.  He was very interactive in his show.  He made people disappear.  He made predictions.  I love magic.  It was the perfect family show.  I also learned that Mr. Copperfield is incredibly funny.  We laughed while we were amazed. When the show ended, he walked along the stage and gave the front row high-fives.  I stood up and reached over because we were so close, and he gave me a high-five as well. 

I’ve only been to two Las Vegas shows, and both shows were with Lance.  Vegas was the destination of our first getaway together as a couple.  In fact, it is one of the few memories we have as boyfriend/girlfriend since we only dated for 10 weeks before we got married.  When we were in Vegas years ago, Lance and I joked that if we won the million dollar slot machine, we would get married right then and there.  Yep, this was us at only 3 weeks of dating.
 
We wanted to do one more day trip along the Colorado River before returning home, but weather conditions did not allow for this.  We woke up on Sunday to dark clouds and thunder.  We decided to return back home.

Our eight day vacation took us through California, Nevada, Arizona (yes, we were in Arizona along the Colorado River), and Utah.  We spent over 32 hours in the car.  There were moments when we irritated one another, but generally, we all got along well. 

Though we our road trip ended, our vacation did not.  I did not have to go back to work until Friday and Lance had the entire next week off.  We took two days to visit Legoland.  Lance accompanied us on one day.

 
I love Legoland.  There is a new waterpark at Legoland, and we spent part of our second day at this park. It sucked.  It was small so we hopped back over to Legoland.  Legoland is one of my absolute favorite parks because I am mesmerized at the ingenuity of the creations.  My favorite part of Legoland is the miniature cities (San Francisco, Washington DC, Las Vegas, New York).  About five years ago, we had annual memberships to Legoland.  There are pictures of the kids when they were so young in front of some of the same attractions.  The kids got so into Legos that they now want to build their own city.  We went home those two nights, and we watched the Lego Movie over and over and over and over and over.
 
 
 
 


isn't this amazing? and all built out of Legos











 

No comments:

Post a Comment