Sunday, February 23, 2014

My 9-Year Old Boy Genius




Brandon (aka Brandonio) turned 9 years old on Valentines Day.  I asked if I could take a few photo to commemorate the beginning of his 9th year, and with an earful of complaints, he finally gave in to my request.

I think, in terms of personality, Brandon is most similar to me.  He is incredibly bright. Yes, I think I'm pretty sharp, too.  Brandon, however, far surpasses me in any intellectual abilities. He is very conscientious about his school work, and almost always gets 100 percents with the occasional 90 percents.  I know this may be wrong, but when Brandon got a C+, I made him explain the reason for that grade.  You see, Brandon never gets Cs so this was a bit of a shock, but he had a very good explanation. We were in Texas for my dad's funeral and while most students had two weeks to complete a project, Brandon had one.

 He is competitive and aggressive.  It doesn't matter that he may not be the most skilled player; he has a competitive drive that makes him determined to "hustle" and give it his all at every sport he plays.  He is also confident and fearless.  It doesn't matter if he isn't that good in something; he will still get out there and do it.  He doesn't care what people think.






He is growing up, but still craves my attention.  He wants to be tucked in bed every night, and sometimes, I reluctantly tuck him in, but then I remind myself, these special times are coming to an end so enjoy and relish each moment. 

Like his older brother, he is developing a passion for basketball.  He has done so much in his 9 years.  He did jiu jitsu for four years, baseball for three seasons, flag football for two seasons, and three seasons of basketball.  His favorite, by far, is basketball.

He is very talkative.  I was actually surprised to learn this.  When I went to volunteer in his classroom, a teacher's aide told me she had been in Brandon's class since kindergarten, and he NEVER stops talking.

He is caring with everyone except Mia.  He is always willing to help out those who need it. For some reason, he cannot stand his sister.






Brandon stills enjoys cuddling with me. He is growing up, but he will always be my little boy.  I am so excited about his future and am so proud of him.  Watch out world! This boy is going to do AMAZING things!



No comments:

Post a Comment