Sunday, June 23, 2013

A Welcome Home, Basketball Games, Pageant, BBQ/Bday Party, and an 8th Grade Promotion in One Weekend

This is our last weekend before our big honeymoon next week, and I'm already exhausted.  It was constant go, go, go.  Friday was spent shuttling the kids to their doctors and dental appointments.  Mia also had gymnastics.  Moreover, the son of Lance's body, Joe, arrived home from Sicily, and Lance picked him up from LA on Friday.  (I copied that from Charleston Heston's Ten Commandments movie) Lance has been stressed and excited for Joe's arrival.  He wants everything to go smoothly in the transition, and he wants him happy. We have committed to doing everything we can to support him and are truly excited to have him home.  The kids have also adjusted quickly.  I thought it was so cute when I asked Brandon to go wake up his brother.  He responded by saying, "which one?"

Friday was crazy, but Saturday was even worse.  We had two basketball games and a pageant to attend. We had to split duties.  Lance did the basketball game while I attended to Mia's activities. . 

Brandon played his first basketball game, and he is just AMAZING.  He is actually too young to play in the league, but I asked the recreation center if they would waive the age requirement for him, and they agreed so Brandon is playing against kids who are on average 2 years old than him.  He is aggressive and competitive so he can hold his own.   After the basketball game, Lance took the boys to San Diego so Joe would know where the boat was docked.

I did not watch the game, because I had to drive Mia to Ontario to compete in a pageant.  I don't know what happened, but this is her 4th pageant, and she got stage fright.  She froze and could not remember her routines.  The first time on stage, she was mouthing to me, "what do I do?"  It was embarrassing.  The second time I saw her frantically searching for me so there I was behind the judges embarrassing myself and doing the routine so Mia could copy.  Yes, I was one of those psycho moms.  Mia did not do well, but she had fun and made friends.  When I told her it was time to leave, she did not want to go. She did win best attire and photogenic.  Not bad for ordering a cheap dress from Hong Kong...







Dylan also had his 8th grade promotion this past week. I'm so proud of him, and like a stereotypical mother, I cried when I heard them call his name.  Dylan specifically asked Lance and I, "Can you guys pleeeease act mature?" so I think we did our best and did not embarrass him too much.  We even introduced ourselves to his beautiful first girlfriend, Maria.


Looking quite good--all dressed up for the promotion ceremony





Additionally, we celebrated Dylan's 14th birthday with a small BBQ on Sunday.  We played a hoop shot tournament where Shane (Dylan's best friend) won with Joe and me tying for last place making only 1 out of 10 free throw shots.  We also played a challenging game of 3 on 3 basketball.  Dylan's a ball hog! IWhat a great workout!

Dylan's basketball cake and awesome NBA team cookies




Birthday Party



My handsome young man....





Five more work days and then Lance and I will be on our honeymoon. Maybe then we can get some rest?

1 comment:

  1. There's Hoey!!! I cannot wait to see him. :) And yes, busy but fun weekend, especially Dylan's bday party. Also, rest while on a trip.of a lifetime? Yeah, right. But it will be a rejuvenating kind of adventure, I think. Can't wait to see pics from that trip.

    ReplyDelete