Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Lance's New Toy

Our son, Joe, is coming home from Sicily in two weeks. We are very excited to have him home and to help him transition from military to civilian life.  Joe needed a car so we decided to give him Lance's old Dodge pick up truck.  It runs well, and it will get him where he needs to go...at least for awhile.

Initially, Lance and I planned on purchasing a new truck at the end of this year, but obviously with Joe's arrival, our plans changed.

Lance and I are a little dangerous for each other because we are too much alike with our impulsive behavior/actions.  We casually looked at vehicles with the intent of possibly purchasing at the end of the summer, but yesterday, Lance and I impulsively decided to go to a car dealership after work and before we knew it, we drove off the car lot after 9 p.m. with a new truck.

We looked at two models of a Dodge Ram.  The difference in price was $4,600 but one model had EVERYTHING.  Lance was hesitant to go with the upgrade, but I told him he should get what he really wants.  He is not in his 20s anymore.  He is in 50s, and at that age, my belief is that you worked hard your entire life and you should be able to buy what you want so we did it!  We bought ourselves a 2013 Dodge Ram Laramie.  We initially looked at the Chevy Silverados but the cost was almost $10,000 more.  Lance currently has a Dodge Ram and he absolutely loves it!


I'm weird.  I photograph everything, embarrassing Lance in the process. Here we are with our salesman.


Before the purchase...waiting for the paperwork to come through






posing.....

So let's get to the fun stuff.....all the cool features and gadgets of the truck!!  I'm not going to describe all the details about the engine; I won't pretend that I know what I'm talking about.

  • heated front and rear seats
  • air conditioned seats (so on a hot sweaty day, your ass wont get so wet)
  • navigation system
  • satellite radio
  • wi-fi center
  • heated steering wheel
  • adjustable brake/gas pedals that move forward for short people (this is something i really need because I'm so short that I push the car seat all the way forward so my chest is almost touching the steering wheel--not exactly safe)
  • camera for backing up
  • Tow things in the front and back of the car
  • blue tooth
  • outlet (a regular one) so we can plug in our laptop or curling iron? Weird.
  • leather seats
  • wood trim
  • electric seats with lumbar support on passenger side
  • a window in the rear that slides open so we can pet the dogs
   


Lance's new bigger truck with his older truck (This looks like Daddy and son trucks which equates to Lance and Joe.  Isn't that cute?)









 



Rear seat 


I want Lance happy.  He deserves it.  Frankly, I'm a lousy driver.  I hit stationary things all the time so I'm less inclined to drive this big ole truck.  Maybe one day though if it was absolutely necessary....... 


No comments:

Post a Comment