Thursday, March 7, 2013

Bucket List No. 71

Within the first month of dating, Lance and I created a bucket list of things we wanted to do together.  On that bucket list, No. 100 was "Become Mr. and Mrs. Wade".  I remember starting the list.  I emailed it to him, and he added some items and emailed it back to me for further input.  At that time, I courageously added No. 100.  I was terrified to send the list back to him with the new addition of No. 100, but I  just told myself "what the heck" and I hit the "send" button.  My heart raced because I wasn't sure his reaction, but he was actually quite cool about it.  At the time, we both agreed that we would not cross off No. 100 until everything on the list was completed.  No. 100 would be the very, very, very  last "to do". 

Well, oddly, it was one of the first five things crossed off.  We definitely walk to the beat of our own drummer.

I try to review  the list periodically because I want to continue doing things on the list. I think it is important to have goals and make an effort to reach the goals.  I want a life lived.  Maybe one of these days, I'll actually post the list (after I do some censoring. haha). 

Anyway, Bucket List No. 71 can now be marked as "complete"! No. 71 was to attend a professional basketball game together.

On Sunday, March 3, as a birthday gift to Brandon, we took the boys to the LA Clippers vs Oklahoma City Thunder game at the Staples Center.  In my opinion, there is no game more exciting than basketball.  I do enjoy baseball games, but there just isn't much action. I go to baseball games to have a hotdog and be little Miss Piggy, but at basketball, there is constant action!  I dont need to eat.

OKC took the lead immediately and at one point during the game, they were leading by 19 points. We were going to leave the game early to avoid the mass exodus at the end, but that changed when the Clippers made a dramatic comeback and took the lead by 1 point with only minutes left in the game.  I was on the edge of my seat chewing my nails.  I was so anxious that it was painful to watch, but.....WOW!  OKC pulled through and won the game!

I am a big OKC Thunder fan.  I am mostly loyal to Kevin Durant, and whatever team he is on will be my favorite team.

Before the game, we took the boys to Hooters. Other than the waitresses, I was the only female in  the place.  Lance got to have his beer, and I got to look at beautiful big-breasted woman.  He did complain about the fanny pack that they carried in front to conceal the camel toe.  He was joking obviously.  Seriously, I was completely comfortable. Our waitress was really sweet and she was from Houston, which made Lance quite happy!

The boys had a great time and so did we! 

One more thing crossed off the bucket list! Yeah!

What's next?

Brandon with Ashley






 




Durant all the way!!!









 Kevin Durant shoots a free throw!











2 comments:

  1. That is a huge stadium! For a second there I thought your waitress must've been from Avatar, she is so tall! I don't think you need to worry about a life lived. You seem to be living life with more enthusiasm and feeling than most. Get r dun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you guys when we watched the game on tv. That was probably one of the best games you could have gone to!! And damn you gotta have a firm booty to pull off those hooter shorts. Maybe I should put that on my bucket list

    ReplyDelete