Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Princess is Born

My fat bloated face with my ugly Mia baby-shortly after birth

After having two boys, the desire to have a little girl  grew.  I love my boys dearly, and they enrich my life in countless ways, but a girl is just different.  The relationship between a mother and daughter is unique, and I wanted very much to have that experience.  When I was pregnant the third time, I was anxious to find out the baby’s sex.  I participated in a university-funded research study project while pregnant with all three of my children.  This research involved getting several ultrasounds, and at one of the ultrasounds, I was finally advised of the baby’s sex.  I remember laying there incredibly nervous.  I could not think clearly. When the lady told me I was having a girl, I was so happy, but I asked her repeatedly, “Are you sure? Are you sure? Can you check again?”  She replied, “yes, you see…there is the labia.” I wanted this so bad that I became dumb, and I stupidly asked, “What’s that?” The nurse must have thought I was an idiot when she said, “the lips.”  Because of the study, I had more ultrasounds as the pregnancy progressed and each time, I asked, “can you check again that it’s a girl?”  Each time, I was reassured.  The moment I found out her sex, I immediately went shopping for pink things!  I was so excited.

Mia Bronte Bivens was born on March 19, 2007 at 3:09 p.m. at Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center in Fountain Valley.  She was 8 lbs 14 oz and had a MASSIVE amount of black hair that stuck up everywhere like a porcupine.  I was so shocked when I saw her.  The boys had light brown fuzz, but Mia looked like someone else’s baby.  I love my daughter dearly, and now,  I can literally stare at her for hours because she is simply GORGEOUS.  I have never seen a more beautiful girl, but let’s face it…..Mia was one ugly baby.  She had obnoxious hair, beady eyes, and she was red and swollen all over like tomato.  They often say ugly babies grow up to be beautiful, and with my Mia, that is completely factual. 

One Day Old--Still Ugly


getting cuter....

Mia was the most PERFECT baby.  She slept 22 hours of the day.  She was always asleep.  In fact, I was worried there was something wrong with her and expressed my concerns to the doctor.  He told me she was fine and I should be grateful that I have an easy baby.  Mia was too easy. She never whined, hardly cried.  She may have been an ugly baby, but she was an easy baby. 




9 months old

Mia did not progress as quickly physically as the boys. Dylan walked at 9 months. Brandon walked at 10 ½ months.  Mia did not walk until she was 16 months old.

a little over 18 months old--now she is a beauty!  Her first photo shoot by me!

2 years old with a constitipated smile  (our mommy/daughter photo shoots become more regular)


3 years old (courtesy of Target)

When I said I wanted a girl, I really got what I wanted.  I got the most girly girl that anyone could ever have.  She loves pink. She loves to be a princess, ….She loves shoes, clothes. She loves to have her hair done and nails painted.  She loves jewelry and anything sparkly! At times I feel bad for my little Mia because her mommy is a bit of a tomboy.  I don’t know how to do her hair and she gets frustrated with me.

What we often do for fun is play dress up and take photos.  Mia loves to wear wigs, costumes, different outfits, and do different looks.  She is a natural in front of the camera. She feels comfortable and starts striking poses. 


Mia wears a wig in one photo shoot.  We have done several and she loves to wear wigs and try on different looks.

3 years old.  She looks like a little Caroline Kennedy. and JFK r.  I loved this outfit.


 

Mia is very precocious.  Since she was 18 months old, she has had an obsession with clothes, shoes, and fashion.  She never played with toys much.  Instead, she plays with her clothes. She tries on different outfits.  She changes her clothes like 6 times a day.  Mia recently lost her first tooth, and the tooth fairy brought her leopard print shoes.  Mia was so thrilled.  Other kids would have been disappointed.  When Santa brings Mia presents for Christmas, she is so happy!

Holding my favorite novel.  She is named after the Brontes. 





very last photo shoot

I love spending time cuddling in bed with Mia.   When I asked God for a little girl, he gave me the greatest gift ever!  I love my little Princess.  She will always be my one and only Princess.  I will never love another girl as much as I love my Mia. Thank you God so very much.

My ugly baby girl has blossomed now into a beautiful six year old girl!

Happy Birthday Mia Pa-chea!

(sorry for the photo overload, but Mia is probably the most photographed "regular" kid ever!  This is only like .0009 percent of the amount of photos this little girl has of herself)


I love her more than any girl in the world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment