Monday, October 5, 2015

First Homecomming









Dylan with our neighbor, Abby.

Homecoming for Fountain Valley High School was this past weekend.  It was Dylan’s very first formal dance.  Instead of going on official dates to Homecoming, several friends from his wrestling team went as one big group.  The dance was held at the Discovery Science Center in Santa Ana.  

I was excited for Dylan.  He did not rent the full tuxedo, but just a suit. He wore his school colors.  The group met at one of the friend's grandma’s house for dinner.  When I drove Dylan to the house, I insisted that he allow me to take photos.  He complained that I would embarrass him,. I told him that I would not let this event pass without any photos.  Ultimately and reluctantly, he agreed.  I was very conservative and did my best not to embarrass him.  They all looked wonderful.

The pictures only show one girl, but several more met up with the group later.






teenagers and their phones






He didn’t come home until after 2 p.m. that night.  I’m glad he had a great time, and I hope when Prom arrives next May that Dylan has the courage to ask a girl on a date.  


No comments:

Post a Comment