Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Visit to the Queen Mary for Dylan's Birthday


I felt a little guilty.  Dylan’s birthday was on June 18, 2014.  He didn’t want any party or a dinner or anything.  With everything going on, we didn’t actually celebrate his birthday until two weeks later.  He insisted that nothing be done, but we had to do something.

On Sunday, July 6, we celebrated Dylan’s 15th birthday with a champagne brunch on the Queen Mary.  It was a costly brunch, but we got free admission into the Queen Mary so it was well worth it.  Plus, since there was no party for Dylan this year, I didn’t agonize too much on the cost.  The brunch was his party.  The brunch was held at the Grand Ballroom on the Queen Mary, and so with a little imagination, I could picture the ship in its heyday.  I ate everything.  I love buffet.  I get excited about it.  One of my greatest pleasures is eating.  I just love love love to eat.  I think Brandon got my money’s worth because he loves crab legs and prime rib.  Mia did not get my money’s worth because she stuck to pizza and grilled cheese sandwiches. 
 
After our lunch, we did a tour around the Queen Mary.  It was the kids’ first time. I have been to the Queen Mary a few times.  Lance had not been here since before his mission.  Lance was very excited to share his knowledge about the engine room.  We have decided that we may go to dinner there one night.  It would be quite romantic.
 


 
 








 
I wanted to work out after four days of devouring  every edible thing put in front of me, but I felt so exhausted so when we came home, I did nothing.  Absolutely nothing.  In fact, I feel like I have some type of bug.  My body is just so weak and exhausted.

I can’t believe my boy is now 15.  He is growing into an amazing young man.  I’m very proud of him.  He is a good kid. He is caring, selfless, and has a good heart.  I couldn’t ask for a better son. 
 
Happy 15th Birthday Dylan.


(if my writing sucks, it is because I’m so freaking tired!)

No comments:

Post a Comment