Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas 2012

Merry Christmas! I'll keep this post relatively short with text and heavy with pictures.  We have been blessed with a truly happy Christmas with love...love...love.  We went to my sister, Yvette's, house for Christmas eve.  As always, my brother in law Mike prepared a very moist and juicy turkey.  We had the traditional Christmas dinner with turkey, ham, potatoes, stuffing etc. Lance spent Christmas even consuming three bottles of wine with Mike's mother.  This was in addition to the six beer bottles he had during the day while working on the 16 ft dingy that he is building.  (Yes, we were counting.)  By the time the evening was coming to a close, the two of them were drunk and laughing at everything.


How many bottles of wine did they consume? They were having a jolly time.  Lance needs someone to drink with....


Decorating cookies on Christmas Eve.

I think I pulled a bunch of wax out of Dylan's ear.


Christmas morning started early.  No sleeping in as Brandon was the first one up yelling that Santa had come!  We all came downstairs and began the joyous act of opening presents.   We started off with our stockings, and then we took a break and had breakfast.  I made an egg and sausage casserole.  I may not be a great cook, but I am getting better. After breakfast, the fun resumed.  We are too blessed.  Santa was very generous this year.



Christmas stockings






Christmas morning---we all look like crap.

Dylan got an i-phone.  It is the old model, and he is contributing one week of allowance a month to the monthly plan.  Along with the phone, his favorite gift were tickets to the December 27 game of the LA Clippers and Boston Celtics.


Boston Celtics vs LA Clippers game tickets

Model ship
Brandon is almost 8, but he has always been very mature.  He doesn't really play with toys. Brandon got an OKC Durant jersey, basketball shoes, a basketball etc.



Brandon's new basketball shoes--he starts playing in January




Brandon shows off his new OKC Durant Jersey.






Mia got Barbies, a new Barbie bike, and a bunch of clothes.  She was very happy.


Mia and her Barbie bike that has a bicycle on the handle bars so Barbie can ride with you!



Mia's new Barbie car

Santa didn't forget Buddy and Bella.  They both got toys...but I think the excitement of Christmas exhausted them because they were knocked out before noon.


Lance and I are traveling to Florida next week so we were conservative with each other for Christmas.  We both did get brand new carry-on suitcases which will be useful for our trips to Florida and Europe.  I had a serious conversation with Lance that he needs to improve on his style.  He didn't wrap any of my gifts this year; he just ordered online and shoved the brown shipping boxes under the tree and in my stocking.  I am not high maintenance but come on, Lance!!  We will see if he gets better next year. The best gift I got thought from him was another letter. I love receiving handwritten letters.  It made me cry. Again.
  
My very cool new iphone case---I ABSOLUTELY LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
Brandon gets thank you kisses! He gave me and Lance a dollar!


Our new suitcases--I love mine!


The kids went to their dad's house so now...it is quiet.  I appreciate the stillness now because Christmas is exhausting, but I know by this evening, I will miss them.


Merry Christmas to everyone!!







No comments:

Post a Comment