Friday, August 23, 2013

Happy 55th Birthday Lance!

His very patriotic birthday cake
As much as he says that he does not want a big deal made out of his birthday or that birthdays are meaningless, Lance does NOT really believe that.  He will quickly refute this, but I affirm all of his insistence that his birthday is not a big deal to him a bunch of hogwash.   He does care.  Yes, it is true that he doesn't want the attention of a big birthday bash. However,  he does like presents (from me) and he does like attention from his loved ones.  How do I know this?  Last year, I didn't do as much as I did the first year we were married.  He didn't get a present.  He didn't get a table set with decorative birthday plates.  All he got was a homemade dinner from me of which I might add is indeed a big deal, because I am not a cook.  Lance was disappointed with the lack of a proper birthday celebration.  He can argue with me, but I know him better than he knows himself.
 
This year, I made him happier.  We had an intimate BBQ to celebrate his 55th birthday!  All six of our children were present as well as the son-in-laws and the grandchildren.  I know that was his greatest joy!  We had the cake, the decorative setting, and he got presents!  Lance gets easily embarrassed when he receives gifts from others, but for me, he is like a little boy on Christmas Eve. For the week prior the party, Lance harassed me....begging me to give him his presents early.  It was tempting because I was excited for him to open it, but I exerted my patience and made him wait.
 
Lance does not like big parties so with the family and a few close friends, we had a wonderful celebration.  He deserves it.  He is 55 years old.  He may feel old, but in my eyes, there is no man more sexier to me!


For his birthday, I gave him a watch.  He has been wanting one for quite some time, and this watch was perfect.  It is a scuba diving watch--perfect for him!  I also created a 100 page commemorative book from Costco filled with visual images and text from our Eastern European honeymoon.  Having been home for over a month now, I realize even more how special and how perfect that honeymoon was....



No birthday is complete without a kiss to my husband

Our honeymoon book

His new watch

 
Happy Birthday my husband!! I love celebrating your birthdays with you and I hope you know how special you are to me and how deeply I am in love with you!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, this is a lovely 55th Birthday cake. All of the photos are looking so fun to me. It was such a nice family time. At the local event space I also would be throwing a lovely 50th birthday bash for my mom and I would be booking the most beautiful vintage themed event space.

    ReplyDelete